Thursday, January 6, 2011

An Idea from Ikea

I spent Christmas week in Atlanta attempting to relax (naturally, work crept in). We did make a stop at Ikea, naturally, for ideas and a few odds and ends (may I recommend the Expedit bookcase at $39 http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60135299). While I didn't see this kitchen in the store, it's featured in the catalog and it has some appeal to me.

Ikea Kitchen:





























The kitchens at 313 E. Park and 528 E. Duffy are not dissimilar in layout, but have full cabinets in the front of the kitchen, whereas this kitchen has more of a open bar effect. I kind of like how it opens the space even further and it also seems a little easier to eat at, as well as being a great prep space. There's no lack of storage space because of the walk in pantry. I'd be curious to hear any thoughts on which option you would prefer in your kitchen. Keep in mind that there is a powder room in the rear of our kitchens and somehow a variation of the Ikea kitchen would need to incorporate space for the powder room.

313 E. Park Kitchen:

No comments:

Post a Comment